Primary Election Endorsement Process
The main function of the Gertrude Stein Political Club of Greater Pittsburgh is to endorse candidates running for federal, state and local offices who prove to be allies to the lgbt community and to publicize those results.
We begin our work by sending all candidates questionnaires on our issues. Our members study the signed and dated answers of those candidates who reply, taking into consideration their records as well, and then vote to endorse those who prove to be our allies. We publicize our endorsed candidates in our community.
The purpose of this document is to outline the tasks necessary to complete the Primary Election Endorsement procedure.
- Determine the offices and candidates.
- Determine each candidates email, fax number and/or address.
- Send each candidate a cover letter, questionnaire, and GSPCGP FAQ sheet.
- Follow-up with candidates to return completed questionnaires.
- Meet with members to vote on endorsement of candidates that return questionnaires.
- Mail notices to endorsed candidates.
- Publicize the GSPCGP endorsement slate.
- Publish a news release.
Send congratulation letters to endorsed candidates who win in the Primary Election.